Thursday, March 6, 2014

atsknf... no really, we arent supposed to be afraid!


Strength D-
Destroyer weapons. The bane of all things smaller than a land raider. The game breaking weapon.

So I have faced a Titan. It was an amazing experience. I lost my Land Raider in turn one.

~I Lost It Turn 1~


And yet, here I am planning on how to bring down a titan, without a titan. You have seen in my previous post, I have an Imperial Knight. I won't be taking it with me on my titan hunt. You see, I see that as the easy road. Victory achieved by Imperial Knight somehow feels cheaper to me. A lessening of the good name of the Wardens of the Eastern March.

So I build army lists. I math hammer.

You will not hear me saying, however, that strength D should be banned. Or how broken it is. Or unbalanced.

All you will hear is the sound of my armies marching into the breech, yet again. Looking for that beast that besmirched the 5th Co.

We will bring it down.

And they shall know no fear- it's the reason I play Space Marines. This game isn't fair? Not balanced?
Get over it.
Learn to defeat your foe, not cry about his OP netlist.
ATSKNF,
Torquer

5 comments:

  1. Best way to kill a titan? My friend used to have a revenant. No one else had anything to kill it. (except I now have a reaver so the tables have turned) so in the rare game we decided to use his one to face me and a friend.

    It just came to me. I told him to deepstrike his monolith right in front of the titan and unload 40 necron warriors. Due to their glancing rule they killed it. he still lost the game but I think necron warriors deepstriking are the ultimate titan killer.

    unfortunately we dont use sickly xenos weapons...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can´t wait to find out your list, shall be intersting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only faced against one Eldar titan so far, and I killed it on turn one for first blood. I knew it was coming so I took 10 Sternguard with combi-meltas in a drop pod. The look on his face when it went down in a slew of melta shots at point blank range was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I thought about doing the combi melta drop pod. my thoughts are actually around what to do after the Titan comes down. still have to win the game, and you cant capture with deathstars. My thoughts are leaning toward rhinos. I love them shiny boxes. I will have my list out after I play Grumpy. Thanks for the great insights! keep them coming
    ATSKNF
    T/Z

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just remember, that if he has a titan and you didn't take an escalation unit, you get a victory point for each hull point/wound your opponent's took. So for dropping that Titan, I was at 10 Victory points right off the bat (9 hull points plus first blood) with an 11th to earn since I had sternguard as line breakers if they could survive (which they just managed to do).

    ReplyDelete