Monday, March 10, 2014

The Techmarine has delivered.

So here it is. We are still working on the fluff. The wife really put in the hours on the details. She magnetized the guns and shoulder armor. I really only did the metallic paints along with the shading. Still have some detail highlights to do. I also did the airbrush work on the general paint scheme. Masking tape is your friend!
Checkout the eyes!
I am really happy with how it turned out. We are already creating a Household. The general idea is a house that is friendly toward quite few space marine chapters. We actually stayed away from any of the major chapter colors. Note even the white we used is a more towards a parchment color. With the wife running SW and me primarily run UM, and kicking around the idea of White Scars/Redhunters, This house can run with any of them. I am going to have my community help with the fluff of the house. Stay tuned, I will be doing that post later today!
The size and shape of the base makes for easy basing. We used a piece of gaming mat for ours.
I also had the weekend to review the codex. I purchased the iPad version. I am not an apple guy myself. But I own upwards of 8 of the interactive books. They are a snap to use. The codex is quite beautiful. It really helped with out painting the model and with house ideas. It also includes everything you need to know on how to play with super heavies. Very nice as I didn't want to buy escalation. All-in-all, a very well done product. I will be going in to that in a later post. I promised the wife to wait on it, she really wants to be a part of it!
It looks daunting, but construction is a snap. I really love all of the details that went into this models design.
I also started work on the Segmentum Command podcast with Grumpy Guardsman and crew. It was a lot of fun. We will have to keep our alcohol to a minimum. I would like to thank my friend Grumpy guardsman and his house for all the help in the construction of the model, and the time on the podcast. The wife and I are eternally grateful. I am also grateful to the wife for her patients with me. As you will learn in time, I am a player of the game. I like the models, but have have little patients for painting and the like. So to her I say,I truly am the luckiest man alive!

Well now that it is out in the wild, I best get busy writing more post. I promise to keep my worship of my master of the forge(wife) to a minimum!

ATSKNF,
Torquer

4 comments:

  1. And the rivalry between our knightly houses shall begin soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is awesome. I may steal your colour scheme if you dont mind....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all! Just ask that you help with the household fluff we are going to be doing on the blog :)

      Delete