Monday, March 10, 2014

Imperial Knight Fluff and stuff


-Have a knight constructed? Check!
-Really cool paint scheme? Check!
-Great army tactic ideas? Check!
-Fluffy background stuff to add to the immersive storytelling element? Well not really but I got a great paint job!
This is where you guys come in. I am going to create a custom household and I want it to be a community effort. Anything you guys want to contribute. Chime in! Got a name idea, story element, names of individual knights. As long as its appropriate to the game world I will work in to an ongoing story, I will be doing the same with my 5th company UM's. Once I finish this project.

I want to see if the community can create some good material we can all use!
So let start out with some House name ideas. Throw out as many ideas as come to mind. I will do my best to respond immediately to ideas for this project to finish it in the next week.

ATSKNF
Torquer

4 comments:

  1. I'm only just beginning my own House fluff, but I'm happy to share my starting point. I'm basing my House on the Isle of Malta vis a vis the Knights Hospitaler. My Space Marine chapter is out on the eastern Fringe of the Imperium near the Ghoul Stars so a planet held by a Knight House helping hold back the barbarian xenos makes sense. There are quite many military orders that were created during the Crusades that would work for this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing concept. I will start looking for an obscure knight organization in history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK so after the idea of the Hospitalers suggestion, The wife and I looked into other fraternal orders. Orders that were purpose driven, or created to fulfill a vow. Then we started think about how the orders were mostly monastic. It got us on the idea of an Inquisitorial household. Something along the lines of a Deathwatch type of oath. Knights would join for certain term of service. Casting off their old oaths for a period to serve the inquistion. I will give you more updates as we get more into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun concept. Will be interesting to see how it develops.

    ReplyDelete